Congratulations for being part of the tennis club at school. This is the best sports for improving focus and agility of the body. This is actually an easy game to get started playing. Just get yourself some tennis shoes, a racquet, and a friend, and you’re ready to go.
However, there are certain safety tips can help protect you from injuries while playing tennis.
The right gear can help prevent injuries
1. Make sure you get a racquet that’s right for your size and skill level. Using a racquet that is too light or too heavy can increase your risk of shoulder and elbow injuries. Similarly, a racquet with the wrong grip size or the wrong amount of tension in the strings can be hard on your wrists and arms.
2. Be sure to get shoes specifically designed for the game. Tennis shoes should support your heel and help keep your ankle from rolling or sliding side to side. For socks, choose something made from synthetic fabrics rather than cotton, as these will help keep your feet dry and prevent blisters.
Tips to prevent injuries during the training
1. Get a sports physical examination before starting any training program.
2. A 10-15 minute warm and stretching is necessary before starting off with the game.
3. Use proper techniques while playing. If you have questions about your technique, take a lesson from a trained instructor.
4. Stop training if you get hurt or feel pain. Get checked by an athletic trainer, coach, doctor, or nurse before going back to the training.
5. To prevent overuse injuries, play different sports throughout the year. Browse through the school sports program to find games that suits your interest.
1. Playing safe is one of the key aspects of acing the game. Hence, know the rules of the game.
2. Make sure the court is in good condition and isn’t wet. Have a first-aid kit available at all practices and games.
3. Use sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or greater and wear a hat if you play outside. Drink plenty of water during and after play.
4. Give yourself time off to rest between matches and training sessions to avoid overuse injuries.
Don Bosco Kharagpur is one of the best schools in towns that offers an elite sports program to the students. Hence, if you want to enquire about the don bosco school admission, make sure to browse through the website and fill out the visitor’ form for 2020-21 admission details.